The PBA CENTRUM Tulane is a program designed for executives with extensive professional experience that do not hold an academic degree and who seek for international level training. Our theoretical and practical methodology, developed in partnership with Tulane University, will allow you to apply new knowledge in business immediately.
In addition, by successfully completing this program, you will get a double certification:
- Professional in Business Administration (PBA), by A.B. Freeman School of Business, Tulane University
- International Advanced Diploma of Specialization in Business Administration from the Pontificia Universidad Católica del Perú
Courses of CENTRUM professors
Saturdays and Sundays from 9:00 to 17:30
Courses of Tulane professors in Lima
Fridays from 18:00 to 22:30
Saturdays and Sundays from 9:00 to 17:30
Courses of Tulane professors in New Orleans (PBA XV trip).
Monday 13 to Friday, November 17, 2017
Monday and Thursday from 08:30 to 17:30
Friday from 08:30 to 12:00
Prices and conditions subject to change without prior notice.
The cost of the program doesn’t include the issuance of the Diploma / Certificate.
A week in New Orleans, for campus classes on the premises of A.B. Freeman School of Business, business school at Tulane University.
POSITION IN RANKINGS
#73 in the world
#1 in Perú – Executive Education Open, Financial Times 2016.
Executives with extensive professional experience that do not hold an academic degree and professionals who seek to expand their business knowledge.
- To reach a 360° visión of international busines
- Enhance your knowledge with a theoretical and practical methodology
- Give an ethical and socially responsible business perspective
PROFESSORS AND METHOD
The PBA is designed to provide a solid education with a curriculum structured to meet an MBA level.
13 months of classes ensure the depth you require to develop your skills and obtain the tools to manage a company with a global focus. It is run by expert teachers of CENTRUM Catolica and Tulane University.
- Campus of CENTRUM Católica in Lima.
- Campus of Tulane University in New Orleans.
These are the advantages of taking the PBA CENTRUM Tulane:
- You will obtain a doublé cccertification:
- Professional in Business Administration (PBA), by A. B. Freeman School of Business, Tulane University
- International Advanced Diploma of Specialization in Business Administration from the Pontificia Universidad Católica del Perú.
- You will receive strong academic and practical training, which allows you to perfect your skills in international business management.
- You will have the endorsement of a top school in Latin America and the only one in Peru with academic Triple Crown.
- Access to convenient schedules to suit your executive work.
- Expand your network by belonging to the communities of CENTRUM Catolica and A.B. Freeman School of Business, which bring together leading professionals worldwide (networking).
- You will be a part of CENTRUM Alumni, the community of graduates from our business schoolbusiness school graduates community.
- You will have an email account, access to the Virtual Campus and complementary course material.
The PBA CENTRUM Tulane in its curricular structure comprises the areas of Strategy and Leadership, Finance, Marketing and Operations. To pass the program, you must successfully complete these courses, in addition to presenting and approve an Applicative Final Assignment.
See the curriculum:
Business Case Workshop
Integration Area The case method or participant-centered learning - as opposed to the classroom learning method centered on the teacher - has proven to be a valuable teaching tool in many of the most important business schools in the world (Harvard, IESE, INCAE). In this regard, based on the guidelines of the Colloquium on Participant-Centered Learning (CPCL) of the Harvard Business School, this course aims to prepare the student in the development and use of business cases in CENTRUM Católica.
Strategy Area Through the General Administration course, it is intended that the student acquires a strategic view of the basic processes in the management of organizations.
In addition, the student will analyze the basic processes for a proper administrative management of organizations and define indicators to track administrative management.
Accounting Aspects for Decision Making
Finance Area The course provides insight into the concepts and principles of Financial Accounting as fundamental to managerial control and decision making.
Financial statements (Income and Loss Statement, Balance Sheet, Statement of Changes in Equity, Cash Flow Statement) are studied as basic tools of control, and the principles related to the financial transactions of monetary assets, inventories, fixed assets, debts, income and business assets are analyzed.
Financial Mathematics – PBA
Finance Area In strategic business management, financial management is paramount. The basis for the efficient application of financial concepts is in financial mathematics, which is a fundamental support tool for business evaluation and decision making, as it is based on value management.
Fundamentals of Marketing
Marketing Area Through the Fundamentals of Marketing course , it is intended that the student acquires knowledge and learning concepts, strategies and applications related to different areas of marketing to the final consumer. Thus you will be able to identify and participate in the development of such strategies in business and social community, and enrich the knowledge and skills acquired in the area.
- Business Case Workshop
Organizational Behavior – PBA
Strategy Area The course examines behavior and its importance for proper performance by people in achieving institutional goals. Thus human behavior within the organization is analyzed on three levels: individual, group and organizational. At the individual level, variables are analyzed that are directly linked to the person and that help to anticipate, understand and improve the observed behaviors. At group level, collective dynamics in organizations, how they help anticipate and understand the behaviors studied, and how they can align with business goals are studied. At the organizational level, the influence of institutional variables that define and model the behavior of people are examined.
Strategic Management of Companies
Strategy Area Strategic management is the process of aligning the internal capabilities of an organization with the external demands of tits surroundings to allocate the necessary resources effectively. It forms the basis for formulating and implementing the strategies to achieve the objectives and goals of the organization. It focuses on contemporary strategic thinking under conditions of dynamic changes in the environment.
Strategic Marketing – PBA
Marketing Area Marketing can be defined as the process by which the company in a profitable manner creates value and consumer satisfaction. This orientation is valid in any market situation, but it is much more in a context of increasingly rapid change, with increased competition and increasingly demanding and fragmented customers, as is the case of the globalized modern world. This is a course on marketing analysis and planning. The course is focused on developing skills for the identification of problems, proper quantitative and qualitative analysis and the development of proposed solutions for timely decision making.
Finance for Executives – PBA
Finance Area The administration of financial resources should have a professional management that identifies the main variables to consider in making business decisions. In this course, the general framework for making efficient and effective decisions is given, which involves recognizing the company's opportunities and needs, capacities and financial means to address them while taking into account the implications of cost and risk that these decisions involve. The course emphasizes the decision-making process associated with Financial Management, which has the maximization of the market value of the company as its main objective. To achieve this objective, the Financial Management should use the concepts, tools and techniques that will be reviewed in this course; for its development, an analysis of both long- and short-term financial decisions is considered:
• Long Term: Investment, Capital Structure and Dividend Policy.
• Short-Term: Financing and Management of Working Capital.
A special emphasis will be given to the analysis of the Peruvian financial market, but the approach will be from a global perspective.
- Organizational Behavior – PBA
Operations Management – PBA
Operations Area The management of production and service operations is a process that involves the planning, organization, management and control of production operations in order to achieve the objectives of the company efficiently and effectively. The operations in question are those whose processes combine, separate, repair, move, reshape or somehow transform resources aimed at obtaining a product, be it a physical good or a service. Production operations of physical goods are those whose purpose is to obtain goods that can be exchanged or negotiated, and whose value depends on their physical properties and the market needs to which they are directed. Production operations of services are not associated with the physical properties of the product, but rather with the process designed to obtain the service for the customer.
Valuation of Companies
Finance Area The valuation of companies aims to provide students with the most updated tools for the financial valuation of an ongoing company. The ultimate goal is to train financial managers of corporations, financial analysts and consultants with the knowledge and tools necessary to estimate the equity value of an ongoing company. The course aims at calculating the value of a non-financial company.
Corporate Social Responsibility
Social Responsability Area This course seeks to develop the concept of corporate social responsibility and the motivations for companies to implement it. Business ethics will also be studied as a key component of socially responsible management; also promoting the understanding of the impacts of the company on its various stakeholders and the understanding of their expectations. Critical reflection on ethical issues and the analysis of the process of making business decisions while considering the stakeholders of the company will help the students establish the basis for the formulation of socially responsible business strategies.
Start-up of New Business
Strategy Area Los negocios son el gran motor de desarrollo de las economías y el bienestar de los países, constituyendo además una fuente de empleo para el emprendedor que día a día cobra más relevancia para muchas personas en un mundo corporativamente globalizado y altamente cambiante. La creación y desarrollo de nuevos negocios innovadores se vincula estrechamente con las capacidades de emprendimiento y ejecución de sus gestores. Estas capacidades pueden ser potenciadas y explotadas a través del estudio y la investigación de los diferentes modelos de emprendimiento así como la gestión de la innovación aplicada a la práctica empresarial. Complementariamente, el estudio de casos de negocios, en entornos similares o diferentes, facilita el entendimiento de las diferentes estrategias de desarrollo empresarial que pueden ser replicadas en otras empresas. El curso presenta una metodología práctica para la identificación y evaluación de oportunidades reales de negocio, diferenciándolas de ideas con escaso o nulo potencial de desarrollo. Sobre la base de las técnicas y conocimientos adquiridos en el curso, los alumnos desarrollarán un Plan de Negocios completo que les servirá como base y punto de partida para posibles futuros emprendimientos. Así mismo, se presentarán casos de negocios locales exitosos que servirán como ejemplo práctico sobre la gestión de innovación como estrategia para el desarrollo de las empresas.
Strategy Area The purpose of the course is to establish the foundation for understanding the dynamics of international businesses and especially the global business environment. The course is centered around three topics:
• The differences in the business environment in different countries from an economic, political, cultural, technological and legal viewpoint.
• The selection of markets for business expansion and defining strategies for entry to these markets;
• The development of competitive strategies and organization of the global effort.
- Operations Management – PBA
About A.B. Freeman School of Business:
The A. B. Freeman School of Business, Tulane University, is one of the most reputable academic institutions in the US in business research. During the study tour week, you will take courses of the program lectured by expert teachers. In addition, you will visit New Orleans cultural and economic center.
Date and place
From Monday the 13th to Friday the 17th of November, 2017 at Tulane University in New Orleans (PBA XV program)
- Valuation of Companies
- Global Strategy
International travel conditions
- The cost of the program includes lectures, business visits outside Peru and academic course material abroad
- It does not include the cost of airfare and accommodations (or consumption), or transport in New Orleans
- Does not include visa procedures neither issuing or renewal of passport nor health insurance
The admission process to the PBA CENTRUM Tulane is open throughout the year. Your application is processed in about two weeks, provided that you deliver all documents requested by the Office of Admissions.
- Two or more years of experience in executive or corporate positions.
- Approve an aptitude evaluation.
- Favorable results in personal interview.
Documents required to be summoned to admission test:
- Fill the Registration Form: Start Registration
- Copy of National Identity – ID card (both sides) or identity card in case of foreign applicants.
- Curriculum Vitae not documented and scanned photo (passport size not less than 300 dpi resolution, with suit and tie, white background). To download
- Enter the following link to make payment of admission respective right and attach the print / screenshot or scanned copy of the payment voucher.
Documents required to be summoned for interview (bring to interview):
- Two letters signed by representatives of the respective employers, to support work experience (not consider pre professional practices). To download
- Essay about what motivates you to apply for the Diploma.
- Four (4) passport sized photographs, in color, with white background and formal dress.
- Signed honor commitment. To download
- Signed Financial Commitment. To download
“Plagiarism is unacceptable behavior contrary to the spirit of knowledge generated by the Pontificia Universidad Católica del Perú, CENTRUM Católica condemns plagiarism in all activities”. Candidate for admission is expected to have a essay that respects the intellectual property, for it must put quotation marks and make reference when using an idea or text of another person, otherwise it is causal for the non admission to the program” We recommend reading the following document: “Why and how should we combat plagiarism?”.
- The program cost does not include outstanding academic rights.
- Prices and conditions of the program subject to change without notice.
- In international travel, expenses are partially covered (see International Travel tab).
Reception of documents
Telephone: (511) 626-7100 anexo 7113
Achieving studies CENTRUM Católica Graduate Business School is a very important personal decision that involves evaluating, known and accepted, among others, academic, economic, administrative and disciplinary conditions to be met throughout their period of studies, the degree of commitment and dedication necessary to successfully complete this great professional project. That is why, it is necessary to know the content of the following standards as well as take into account its importance, before starting the admission process. With the start of the admissions process, you acknowledge and accept this standard, and that from that moment can not be alleged ignorance of it.
DIRECTOR OF THE PROGRAM
Doctoral studies in Strategic Business Administration (MBA), by Maastricht School of Management, the Netherlands, and the Pontificia Universidad Catolica del Peru..