International Corporate Master in Management of Production Operations is a high-end program designed to increase your knowledge and skills in the areas of operations management and logistics. Develop a solid theoretical and technical knowledge, to apply immediately in your organization.
CENTRUM Católica may make changes in the curricula, or sequence of courses or teachers, according to its policy of continuous improvement. Failure to comply with the required quorum Catholic CENTRUM reserves the right to postpone the start of courses and programs.
Two weeks on the campus of IE Business School, Madrid.
Operations and logistics professionals with over 3 years experience looking to give their expertise a global perspective.
- Develop capacities for effective management and optimization of business processes
- Encourage understanding of operations management and logistics, to optimize decision-making
- Promote mastery of process management and implementation of continuous improvement tools
PROFESSORS AND METHOD
The structure of the program emphasizes critical aspects of operations, strategy, innovation, teamwork, productivity and ethics, to compete successfully in the changing world of business. Classes are taught by experienced teachers in CENTRUM Católica and IE Business School, and are based on case studies, which gives a practical view of the challenges of senior management.
Right of exam: S/.330 (includes English exam)
Finance directly with CENTRUM Catolica and without interest rates (prior assessment).
CENTRUM Catolica campus.
These are the advantages of following the International Corporate Master in Management of Production Operations:
- You will get Masters degree on behalf of the nation and a simultaneous international certification:
- Master in Management of Production Operations, by the Pontificia Universidad Catolica del Peru.
- Advanced Operations Management Diploma from IE Business School.
- You will have the endorsement of a top school in Latin America and the only one in Peru with academic Triple Crown.
- You will take a two weeks trip to Spain.
- You will be guided by teachers of high academic level, experience great expertise in business and personal qualities.
- You will receive a strong academic and practical training, which allows perfect your knowledge in financial management.
- You will be able to expand your network and expand your opportunities for growth, being a part of the community of CENTRUM Catolica students.
- You will have the possibility of being invited to Beta Gamma Sigma, the world’s most important honorary society of students, graduates and teachers.
- You can publish your thesis, if outstanding, as a case study, article or book.
- Access to offers and job fairs with CENTRUM Placements.
- You will receive advice on employability by LHH-DBM Peru
International Corporate Master in Management of Production Operations comprises four modules. To approve the program, you must successfully complete courses, as well as present and approve a thesis.
CENTRUM Católica may make changes in the curricula, or sequence of courses or teachers, according to its policy of continuous improvement. Failure to comply with the required quorum CENTRUM Católica reserves the right to postpone the start of courses and programs.
The course provides the fundamentals of probability and statistical analysis as tools for risk management, uncertainty and control of processes. Topics of the organization of data (tables and graphs), measures of central tendency and dispersion, probability theory, discrete and continuous variables, probability distributions, regression and correlation analysis, and sampling and estimation are developed.
Productive Operations Management
The aim of the course is that the student understand the fundamental concepts, the most common practices and the most used analytical techniques related to the processes in the operating systems in their stages of planning, organization, management and control. The course enables the analysis of techniques and tools that make it possible to provide better service to customers. It takes into account that, in the administration of services, the customer is part of the production process and that the services are produced and consumed at the same time, making it necessary to emphasize the quality of the product offered, as well as the implementation of an effective customer service system.
The course provides the necessary elements to develop the managerial skills that a good executive must master to adequately address organizational problems. Develop interpersonal skills such as leadership, communication, motivation, conflict management, teamwork and coaching as tools of leadership and human development.
Tools for Managerial Decision Making – MCI
The course provides optimization tools, such as linear programming, that permit students a proper management of productive resources. It emphasizes the formulation of some statistical and optimization models, and provides quantitative techniques used to improve the system of decision making. The techniques to make efficient decisions in systems over time are also analyzed; that is, when the system under study can be divided into stages, and a decision must be made in each of them. The student will be able to model the system of his organization's operations and propose improvements to its performance.
Thesis Seminar I MCI
The course will provide an introduction to the APA standards for use in the preparation of academic literature in CENTRUM Católica such as theses, essays and scientific papers. The Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association "describes requirements for the preparation and proposal of manuscripts for publication" (American Psychological Association [APA], 2010, p. 6). As a document established by the American Psychological Association, the APA Manual is presented as an academic tool that guides and illustrates the style to be followed in the presentation of academic manuscripts. The topics deal with: (a) the types of articles, (b) the role of ethics in publications, (c) the structure of the manuscript, (d) writing style, (e) the use of tables and graphs, and (f) source citations and references.
- Stochastic Reasoning
Logistics for Operations
The course explores the processes involved in the development of production and distribution plans, identifying the requirements of internal and external customers. It analyzes processes such as (a) transportation, (b) storage, (c) purchasing (d) suppliers, (e) performance and (f) recycling.
Operations Planning and Programming
In the course, different schemes of programming activities aimed at improving the effectiveness and efficiency of operations are analyzed. Topics are reviewed such as: (a) aggregate planning, (b) master production plan, (c) MRP, (d) flexible manufacturing systems, (e) theory of constraints, (f) optimization of production and (g) design of service production.
Management of Operating Costs
The course is designed for students to acquire the basics of the system of costs and budgets, to become familiar with its contents and to be able to carry out the analysis and interpretation of information for control and decision making. Relationships of cost-volume-profit, standard costs, relevant costs, financial planning tools and budgets, traditional costing systems for orders and processes and modern systems such as activity-based accounting will be developed from a management standpoint.
Supply Chain Management
The course permits the student to understand the concept of integrated management of the supply chain, and the strategic importance in costs and customer service. It provides a vision from one point to point of the chain, that is from the important suppliers to customers, and it provides skills for the strategic alignment of the supply chain, that is, the development of operational capabilities of the company to meet the value proposition at the corporate level.
- Logistics for Operations
Management of Processes – IE(IE)
The course presents and permits analyzing concepts, methods and tools that enable the effective management of processes in organizations, with an emphasis on the design, implementation, control and their continual improvement. The importance of the customer for the design process is analyzed, their deployment and representation is carried out, efficiency and effectiveness performance indicators are established, tools for process control are proposed and their standardization developed.
Management of Innovation – IE(IE)
The course examines the role of innovation as a generator of value in organizations and how to take advantage of it in terms of product, process and business strategy. Emphasis is given to innovation in business models and how the processes of the organization should be aligned with them. Motivators, facilitators and obstacles to implementing a system to facilitate business innovation and the development of new products are analyzed, considering the formation of managerial and technical teams as well as the importance of overcoming resistance to change. Implementing innovation and reengineering of the processes are analyzed.
Project Management – IE(IE)
The course provides the tools for proper project management according to the standards of the Project Management Institute. Project management is considered from the nine areas of knowledge: Integration, Scope, Time, Cost, Quality, Human Resources, Communications, Risks and Procurement.
The course aims to introduce students to the field of strategic management of maintenance from the perspective of reliability and increased business productivity. The importance of a proper system maintenance is analyzed to ensure that the production process performs as it has been designed. The subjects of reliability, availability, maintenance and replacement of equipment, as well as the OEE (Overall Equipment efficiency) indicator are analyzed. criteria for proper management of the productive assets of a company are determined. Equipment replacement policies are evaluated, and the establishment of a spare parts management system and the convenience of renting, buying and maintaining production equipment are evaluated.
One of the most important skills in a professional with a master's degree is his ability to make decisions. This process requires objective information, which is generated largely through research. Therefore, master's students should be prepared and be able to plan and implement research, including the use of the scientific method among other methodologies. They should be able to identify, raise, process and analyze quantitative and qualitative data to derive conclusions and recommendations related to issues of vital importance for the management and competitive development of companies. In this context, it is important to develop research skills to solve business problems, capture new investment opportunities and the management of knowledge generated at all stages of the management of a company or group of companies using research. This course provides the scientific framework for research in social sciences and in particular, those related to the management of organizations. Applying quantitative, qualitative and mixed paradigms, the student is taught how to conduct an academic research project.
Thesis Seminar II MCI
The course is a review of the theoretical and practical knowledge of the final process of the Final Research Project. In addition, feedback will be given on how the tools are being applied that lead to the development of the thesis and the process of its final defense.
- Management of Processes – IE(IE)
Ethics and Business Social Responsibility – MCI Operations
The course provides the philosophical and psychological guidance on values and ethics in the behavior of individuals and in business decisions, so that students achieve an initial reflection and an increase in individual and collective awareness. The values relating to responsibility that organizations assume regarding society in general as well as the related public need to be deepened so that students take these guidelines as ethical imperatives that, if focused intelligently, increase the joint benefit of the organization and society.
Management of Quality and International Standards
The course aims to develop the capacity to implement and manage an integrated quality management system in organizations, in a context in which the knowledge, standards and skills for the development of an efficient management focused on the customer can be applied on the methods and procedures of formulation and implementation of strategies and operations.
Technology for Operations
In the course, how new technologies affect strategic decisions in the area of operations are discussed. The impact of automation and the use of information technology in the productivity of the company is analyzed, as well as the impact on the formation of work teams.
The course aims to develop the ability to innovate and to be agile and flexible that can keep up with the competition. Lean - Six Sigma methodology is based on reducing waste and variability by identifying all activities that do not add value to the processes and make the operation more expensive. Therefore, the application of this methodology is vital to raise the level of service, reduce costs and bolster competitiveness.
To graduate from the program, it is required to develop, defend in a public act and approve the thesis project. The development of the master's thesis has the following objectives: (a) provide students with the opportunity to engage in a research project and independent thinking; (b) explore an area of knowledge in depth; (c) apply knowledge gained from the various disciplines studied during the master's program; (d) apply models, concepts, ideas, and management methods to the fields of interest of the candidates themselves; (e) put analytical and critical thinking into practice; (f) show students different research approaches, methods of analysis, information management, and ethical methodological practices; (g) learn to draw conclusions and meaningful recommendations on the subject under analysis; (h) strengthen the capacity of students to communicate ideas and information in a rigorous and consistent manner; and (i) involve students in the type of writing and use of language that is required for academic and professional publications.
- Ethics and Business Social Responsibility – MCI Operations
About IE Business School
IE Business School is recognized as the best business school in Spain and fifth in Europe by the Financial Times. It is also considered among the best schools in the world in international rankings like those published by BusinessWeek, Forbes, The Economist and Aspen Institute, for the quality of its programs.
You will take a two-week trip to the campus of IE Business School (Madrid)
Conditions of the international trip
- The cost of the program includes classes, business visits, lodging, food and transportation during eight days of classes in Madrid (not including weekends).
- It does not include the cost of airfare or lodging during the weekend stay in Madrid.
- It does not include the visa arrangements, issuance or renewal of a passport or health insurance.
Requests all the information you need, we will care for you to ensure you achieve academic and professional success.
Ana María Sanguineti
Telephone: (511) 626-7101
Telephone: (511) 626-7102
Telephone: (511) 626-7162 / 937723458
Telephone: (511) 626-7105
The admission process for the Masters in International Corporate Management Production Operations is open throughout the year. Your application is processed in about two weeks, provided that you deliver the documents you requested the Admissions Office. The process is completed with an interview for which we will contact you.
- Have duly accredited bachelor degree
- Three or more years of experience in executive or managerial positions.
- Be at least 25 years old at the start of the admission process.
- To accredit your level language level by a Certificate or Diploma from the following institutions: ICPNA, British, EUROIDIOMAS, Católica Languages, TOEFL, TOEIC, CAMBRIDGE, with a antiquity of not more than 3 years, or to perform a mandatory evaluation in CENTRUM Católica before Schedule your interview. The result of such evaluation is unique and exclusively referential. It does not condition admission in any sense.
- Be approved in the aptitude test.
- Have a favorable outcome in the personal interview.
Documents required to be called for an entrance exam
- Fill out the Registration Form at the following link: Registration for Admission.
- Photocopy of Bachelor degree.
- Photocopy of National Identity card DNI (both sides); passport or identity card in case of foreign applicants.
- Undocumented Curriculum Vitae and scanned photo (passport size not less than 300 dpi resolution, with coat and tie, white background). Download
- Go to the following link to Pay the Admission Fee and attach the print / screenshot or scanned copy of the payment voucher.
- Proof of the registration the bachelors degree in the National Superintendency of Higher Education University (SUNEDU) for applicants who studied in Peru. If the university has not registered the academic degree or college diploma in SUNEDU, the applicant must submit a copy of the diploma or academic degree authenticated by the university that issued it (*). If the applicant has studied abroad, he must submit a notarized copy of his degree.(*) It is indispensable that during their studies, and before their completion, they submit the record of the registration of their bachelors degree in SUNEDU, in order to be able to register their future masters degree to the SUNEDU.
Documents required to be called for a personal interview
(To be delivered physically the day of the interview)
- Certificate or certificates of employment supporting three years of work experience (not considering pre-professional internships).
- Essay on the motivations that lead you to apply for the program.
- Four (4) Passport-sized photographs, in color, with white background and formal attire.
- Honor Commitment. Download
- Financial Commitment. Download
- The program cost does not include extraordinary academic rights..
- Prices and conditions of the program are subject to change.
- In the international trip, costs are partially covered (see tab on International Trips).
- It is mandatory to prove a mastery or intermediate level of English to graduate.
Reception of documents
Send your documents or request further information:
Ana María Sanguineti
Telephone: (511) 626-7101
Telephone: (511) 626-7102
Telephone: (511) 626-7162 / 937723458
Telephone: (511) 626-7105
Achieving studies CENTRUM Católica Graduate Business School is a very important personal decision that involves evaluating, known and accepted, among others, academic, economic, administrative and disciplinary conditions to be met throughout their period of studies, the degree of commitment and dedication necessary to successfully complete this great professional project. That is why, it is necessary to know the content of the following standards as well as take into account its importance, before starting the admission process. With the start of the admissions process, you acknowledge and accept this standard, and that from that moment can not be alleged ignorance of it.
DIRECTOR OF THE PROGRAM
Doctorate in Business Information Systems from Universidad Politécnica de Madrid, Spain (Summa Cum Laude), and a Master’s degree in Organizational Development from Andres Bello Catholic University in Caracas, Venezuela (Cum Laude).