The Negotiation Skills and Conflict Management Diploma is an international program designed with EADA Business School, it is aimed at developing your skills to resolve differences and find the ways in which all parties win. The country’s development creates a high demand for experts in these fields, in addition to the experience of international networking.
International Week at EADA Business School Barcelona from 19 to 23 February 2018
POSITION IN RANKINGS
- # 71 in the world and # 1 in Peru in Executive Education Open, Financial Times 2017.
- EADA Business School, # 24 among the top 80 business schools in Europe, Financial Times 2015.
- People related to the field of contracts and international negotiations.
- Professionals who wish to complete their knowledge in conflict management.
- The participant will develop a comprehensive and effective approach to conflict resolution.
- Getting participants to identify the strengths of the conflicting parties to propose appropriate solutions.
- Promote alternative solutions under the win-win approach.
PROFESSORS AND METHOD
This program is developed with a theoretical and practical methodology, which focuses on strengthening your skills in negotiating and managing interpersonal or social conflicts, by classroom case discussions and teamwork. This program is developed in conjunction with the Centre for Conflict Analysis and Resolution (CARC) of the Pontificia Universidad Catolica del Peru.
- CENTRUM Católica Campus (Lima Perú)
- EADA Business School Campus (Barcelona España)
These are the advantages of taking the Negotiation Skills and Conflict Management Diploma with CENTRUM Católica and EADA Business School:
- Dual Simultaneous International Certification:
– Negotiation Skills and Conflict Management Diploma granted by CENTRUM Catolica Business School
– Advanced International Programme in Negotiation Skills and Conflict Management, awarded by EADA Business School
- International Traveling to the EADA Business School of Spain (EADA)
- You will receive a strong academic and practical training, which will improve your knowledge in conflict management.
- You will have the backing of a top school in Latin America and the only one in Peru with academic Triple Crown and EADA Business School ranked in the top 25 of the best business schools in Europe
- You will be guided by national and international educators of high academic level, proven business experience and great personal qualities.
- The most modern and comprehensive curricular structure ensures the level of depth you require.
- You will improve your networking by belonging to this community that brings together the best professionals.
- You’ll have an email account, access to the Virtual Campus and complementary course material.
La Negotiation Skills and Conflict Management Diploma is comprised of three modules, in which basic and advanced concepts in the field are developed. To pass the program, you must successfully complete these courses and present an Applicative Final Paper (TAF): a conflict negotiation plan. With this final work, we evaluate your knowledge of negotiation tools analysis between warring parties.
CENTRUM Católica may make changes in the curricula, or sequence of courses or teachers, according to its policy of continuous improvement. Failure to comply with the required quorum CENTRUM Católica reserves the right to postpone the start of courses and programs.
Negotiation has two pillars, the rational and the emotional. Both interacting explain the behaviors and decisions of the negotiators. This course will analyze both aspects: critical thinking skills and emotional intelligence skills. Critical thinking allows us to sustain arguments and discover fallacies. Emotional intelligence helps us to show self-control, empathy and persuasion. Finally, the students will define a personal development plan that will allow them to hone these skills.
Conflict Evaluation and Resolution
Every conflict, whether between numerically limited groups, complex organizations and businesses or between communities and institutions, is often about a conflict of interest, from a perspective that focuses its social, political and legal dimensions. This course will focus primarily on aspects that should be considered for a proper evaluation of conflict, and will also develop a methodology for evaluating conflict. Its results should permit identification and carry out strategies whose horizon is to seek the transformation of conflicts in a development opportunity for the parties involved.
Strategic Management of Negotiation
This course aims to discuss the substantive elements of Strategy and the most common techniques and theories that are applicable to negotiation. Among them, the Harvard method is the most important, together with the decisional trees and game theory. Thus, students can develop negotiation skills strategically.
- Negotiating Skills
Negotiation is one of the appropriate mechanisms of conflict resolution that is most used in the business world, in international and labor relations, etc.; but also in the daily lives of people. Almost everything is negotiable: goods, services, information, technology, etc. All human activity provides an opportunity for this process. Negotiation is a means that permits us to manage our conflicts from the identification of our interests and those of others.
With this course, the fundamental principles of negotiation and the most effective strategies for their development will be addressed. In addition, the different stages of the negotiation process will be worked, through which one seeks to build agreements with mutual gain, and establish and maintain harmonious, effective and sustainable relationships with his counterparts.
Effective Communication for Negotiation
"In everyday interaction with people, communication plays a key role. At all times we are communicating a message through verbal language, our gestures, body posture and even our silence. There are a number of factors that influence communication to be effective, such as eye contact, empathy, emotion management, among others, on which success in managing conflict situations often depends. There are also distortions in communication, which act as barriers and hinder processes of interaction.
This course will provide students with basic knowledge about interpersonal communication, permitting them to identify situations of interference or communication barriers and the factors that enhance their effectiveness. Through case analysis and concrete situations, students will be able to put into practice the main techniques of effective communication: active listening, paraphrasing, I messages and rephrasing."
Team coaching and Development
The high level of competitiveness in global markets requires organizations to constantly reach higher goals of productivity and profitability. To make this situation sustainable over time, it is necessary to carry out a similar process of development of the persons and teams in them. In this sense, the course offers Coaching tools and fundamentals of teamwork to achieve improved and sustainable performance.
- Strategic Negotiation
Management of Social Conflict
In Peru, the conflicts that occur most frequently are social, given mainly the situation and reactions of the communities to investment projects for extractive activities. This type of conflict has its own characteristics that should be considered and on which experience is rewarded. Therefore, within the course, experiences of social conflicts and their development will be observed in order to analyze these phenomena and focus on the lessons learned from these experiences, both for their prevention and management.
Advanced Negotiation – EADA Business School
The course is designed to prepare the student to obtain successful results in complex negotiation processes. Case studies related to negotiations in the commercial, social and political areas will be developed to put the theories and methodologies studied in previous courses into practice. Negotiation criteria will also be developed in the multilateral and regional areas. It is expected that at the end of the course the students will have useful knowledge of advanced negotiations for strategic leadership.
- Management of Social Conflict
One week in Barcelona – Spain, to receive face-to-face classes at EADA Business School.
International travel terms
- The cost of the program includes classroom classes, business visits outside of Peru and the academic materials of the courses abroad.
- The cost of the program includes accommodation inside the Campus and food.
- It does not include the cost of air tickets or accommodation outside the Campus (or consumption in these), nor transport in Barcelona.
- It does not include the procedures of visa or of expedition or renewal of passport, nor the medical insurance.
The process of admission to the Negotiation Skills and Conflict Management Diploma is open throughout the year. Your application is processed in about two weeks, provided you fulfill all documents requested by the Office of Admissions..
- One or more years of experience in executive or corporate positions.
Documents needed to register
- Complete the registration form: Start Registration
- Simple copy of the National Identity Document – DNI (both sides), or Foreigner’s Card or Passport, in the case of foreign applicants.
- Currículum Vite (not documented) and a scanned photo (passport size, resolution not less than 300 dpi, suit and tie, white backing). Download
- Copy of Degree (Optional). In the case you do not render the degree you will go through and interview.
Documents required for application
- Prices and conditions of the program are subject to variation.
- The program fee includes:
- Issuance of Certificate Diploma CENTRUM Catolica EADA Business School
- Lectures, lodging and meals in EADA in Barcelona.
- The program cost does not include:
- Issuance of certificates, transcripts or academic curricula.
- Airfare, transportation in the city and transfers to and from the airport.
- We recommend you process your travel documents to Spain in advance.
Send your documents or request more information:
Telephone: (511) 626-7111
Telephone: (511) 626-7113
Telephone: (511) 626-7107
Achieving studies CENTRUM Católica Graduate Business School is a very important personal decision that involves evaluating, known and accepted, among others, academic, economic, administrative and disciplinary conditions to be met throughout their period of studies, the degree of commitment and dedication necessary to successfully complete this great professional project. That is why, it is necessary to know the content of the following standards as well as take into account its importance, before starting the admission process. With the start of the admissions process, you acknowledge and accept this standard, and that from that moment can not be alleged ignorance of it.
DIRECTOR OF THE PROGRAM
DBA candidate from Maastricht School of Management, The Netherlands, and a PhD candidate in Strategic Business Administration from Pontificia Universidad Católica del Perú. He holds a Master of Philosophy and a Master of Business Administration in General and Strategic Management from Maastricht School of Management, The Netherlands, a Master’s Degree in Strategic Business Administration from Pontificia Universidad Católica del Perú