DEGREES AND CERTIFICATIONS
Professor Tuesta is Phd. in Economics, New York University, USA; M.A. in Economics, New York University, USA; and Bachelor of Economics, Universidad el Pacifico, Peru.
In regards to his professional experience, he currently serves as Investment Manager Profuturo AFP (AFP Scotiabank Group). He has previously been manager AFP Prima Strategy, Chief Economist of Deutsche Bank Peru S.A. and Deputy Manager of Economic Research Central Reserve Bank of Peru. He also worked as a researcher at the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System and JP Morgan Chase. He is currently Editor of the Journal of Economic Analysis at the Universidad Alberto Hurtado and has been Editor of the Journal of Economic Studies of the Central Reserve Bank of Peru. He served as anonymous referee for academic journals of international prestige such as the American Economic Review, Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Journal of International Economics, Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Economic Journal, International Journal of Central Banking, Open Economies Review, Journal of International Money and Finance and Macroeconomic Dynamics.
FIELDS OF RESEARCH
- International Macroeconomics
- Monetary Policy
Regarding his intellectual production, he has published extensively in academic journals and papers in the areas in which he specializes:
- Pareja, J., Marin, F., & Tuesta, V. (2020). GARCH-type volatility in the multiplicative quadrinomial tree method: An application to real options. Contaduria y Administracion, 6(2), 1-25.
- Tuesta, V. (in press). Inflation dynamics in a small open economy: The deflationary effect of the foreign interest rate. To appear in Global Journal of Emerging Markets Economies.
- Felices, G., & Tuesta, V. (2013). Monetary policy in a dual currency environment. Journal of Applied Economics, 45(34), 4739-4753.
- Tuesta, V. (2013). The consumption-real exchange rate anomaly: Nontraded goods and distribution services. Journal of Applied Economics, 45(2), 255-271.
- Rabanal, P., & Tuesta, V. (2013). Nontradable goods and the real exchange rate. Open Economies Review, 24(3), 495-535.
- Castillo, P., Montoro, C., & Tuesta, V. (2013). An estimated stochastic general equilibrium model with partial dollarization: A bayesian approach. Open Economies Review, 24(2), 216-265.
- Castillo, P., Humala, A., & Tuesta, V. (2012). Regime shifts and inflation uncertainty in Perú. Journal of Applied Economics, 15(1), 71-87.
- Castillo, P., Pérez, F., & Tuesta, V. (2011). Los mecanismos de transmisión de la política monetaria en Perú. Revista de Estudios Económicos(21), 41-63.
- Rabanal, P., Rubio- Ramirez, J. F., & Tuesta, V. (2011). Cointegrated TFP processes and international business cycles. Journal of Monetary Economics (JME), 58(2), 156-171.
- Tuesta, V., & Rabanal, P. (2010). Euro-dollar real exchange rate dynamics in an estimated two-country model: An assessment. Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, 34(4), 780-797.
- Tuesta, V., & Llosa, L. G. (2009). Learning about monetary policy rules when the cost channel matters. Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, 33(11), 1880-1896.
- Castillo, P., Montoro, C., & Tuesta, V. (2009). Un modelo de equilibrio general con dolarización para la economía peruana. Revista de Estudios Económicos del BCRP(17), 9-50.
- Selaive, J., & Tuesta, V. (2008). Net foreign assets and imperfect financial integration: An empirical analysis. Journal of CENTRUM Cathedra, 1(2), 53-77.
- Llosa, L.-G., & Tuesta, V. (2008). Determinacy and learnability of monetary policy rules in small open economies. Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, 40(5), 1033-1063.
- Castillo, P., Montoro, C., & Tuesta, V. (2007). Hechos estilizados de la economía peruana. Revista de Estudios Económicos(14), 33-73.
- Tuesta, V., & Selaive, J. (2006). Can fluctuations in the consumption-wealth ratio help to predict exchange rates? Applied Financial Economics, 16(17), 1251-1263.
He is currently Professor and Researcher at CENTRUM PUCP Business School.
- Intellectual Production Award, CENTRUM PUCP Business School, 2010, 2011, 2012.