DEGREES AND CERTIFICATIONS
Professor Chion holds a Ph.D. and a Master of Science in Engineering-Economic Systems from Stanford University, USA, and an undergraduate degree in Industrial Engineering from Pontificia Universidad Católica del Peru.
Professor Chion has been the editor of the Macroquantum Confidential Report, a monthly report on the situation of the Peruvian economy. He has been a board member of the National Supervisory Commission for Companies and Securities (CONASEV); adviser to two ministers in the Ministry of Economy and Finance of Peru, Senior Advisor in the Vice Ministry of Commerce, Advisor to the Peruvian Association of Insurance Companies (APESEG) of the Superintendency of Banking and Insurance (SBS), and various insurance companies. He is the creator of the rule solvency margin which currently regulates the insurance of Peru. He is the founding partner, board member and senior consultant at Econsult S.A. and Macroquantum; as well as consultant for the Inter-American Development Bank (IDB) and the World Bank. Professor Chion has been the editor of the Journal of CENTRUM Cathedra.
FIELDS OF RESEARCH
- Modelo Matemático
- Modelo Markoviano
Professor Chión is the author and coauthor of several peer-reviewed papers published in top-ranked journals, as well as book and book chapters, such as:
- Chión, S., & Vincent, C. (in press). Managing traffic behavior: A theoretical examination of aggressive driving through a Markovian model. To appear in Operations Research and Decisions.
- Chión, S., & Vincent, C. (2019). Gestión de portafolios de renta fija (pp. 412). CENGAGE Learning.
- Chión, S., & Vincent, C. (2018). The risk and reward management in innovation portfolios: A Markovian approach. Croatian Operational Research Review, 9, 165-182.
- Chión, S., Vincent, C., & Tavana, M. (2018). Impact of incentive schemes and personality-tradeoffs on two-agent coopetition with numerical estimations. Measurement, 125, 182-195.
- Chión, S., & Vincent, C. (2016). Analítica de datos para la modelación estructural (pp. 547). Lima: Pearson.
- Chión, S., & Véliz, C. (2008). On the normality of stock return distributions: Latin American markets, 2000-2007. Journal of CENTRUM Cathedra, 1(2), 90-108.
Professor Chión currently is the Director of the Business Education Research Center, and Professor and Researcher at CENTRUM PUCP Business School.