DEGREES AND CERTIFICATIONS
Professor Rashid Maqbool holds a PhD in Engineering and Project Management from Beijing Jiaotong University, China, a MSc/MPhil in Project Management and a MBA from COMSATS Institute of Information Technology, Lahore, Pakistan, and a Bachelor of Science from Forman Christian College University, Lahore, Pakistan.
Professor Maqbool has been working as an expert reviewer for several international journals, such as Sustainability, Tehnicki Vjesnik, International Journal of Construction Management, etc. He has worked as an undergraduate and graduate professor at COMSATS University Islamabad, Lahore Campus, Pakistan, and Eastern College Faisal Town, Lahore, teaching management, operations, and business courses. In addition, he has also been Senior Executive Officer in the Business Development department at SGS Pakistan, and Assistant Manager at PipePlus manufacturing company in Pakistan.
FIELDS OF RESEARCH
- Project Management
- Construction Management
- Engineering Management
- Renewable Energy Projects
- Project Leadership
- Project Changes
Professor Maqbool has authored and coauthored the following research papers, which are published in top ranked peer-reviewed journals:
- Maqbool, R. (2018). Efficiency and effectiveness of factors affecting renewable energy projects; an empirical perspective. Energy, 158(2018), 944-956.
- Maqbool, R., & Sudong, Y. (2018). Critical success factors for renewable energy projects; empirical evidence from Pakistan. Journal of Cleaner Production, 195(2018), 991-1002.
- Maqbool, R., Rashid, Y., Sultana, S., & Sudong, Y. (2018). Identifying the critical success factors and their relevant aspects for renewable energy projects; an empirical perspective. Journal of Civil Engineering and Management, 24(3), 223-237.
- Maqbool, R., Sudong, Y., Manzoor, N., & Rashid, Y. (2017). The Impact of Emotional Intelligence, Project Managers’ Competencies, and Transformational Leadership on Project Success: An Empirical Perspective. Project Management Journal, 48(3), 58-75.
- Maqbool, R. (2018). Role of critical success factors in enhancing operational performance of renewable energy projects; an empirical perspective. Renewable energy. Accepted.
- Maqbool, R. (2018). Role of critical success factors under different project complexities; an empirical perspective. Energy, Sustainability, and Society. Accepted.
- Maqbool, R. (2018). Identification, assessment, and validation of critical success factors for
- renewable energy projects; an empirical perspective. IEEE Transactions on Engineering
- Management. Accepted.
- Maqbool, R., (2018). Assessing project success through project vision, team spirit and artifacts: A construction sector perspective. Journal of Construction in Developing Countries. Accepted.
- Maqbool, T., & Rashid, Y. (2017). Detrimental changes and construction projects: need for
- comprehensive controls. International Journal of Project Organization and Management, 9(2), 2017.
- Gao, M., Maqbool, R., Wu, X., & Guo, S. (2018). Environmental and Economic Effects of Sulfur Dioxide Emission Trading Pilot Scheme in China: A Quasi-Experiment. Journal of Environmental Economics and Management. Under-review.
Professor Maqbool currently is an expert reviewer for several international journals, and a Professor and Researcher at CENTRUM PUCP.
- “2017 Outstanding International Student – Excellent Doctoral Student” from Beijing Jiaotong University, China.