DEGREES AND CERTIFICATIONS
Professor Chu is a Doctor of Business Administration, University of Catalunya, Spain. Doctor in Accounting and Business Studies, National University of San Marcos, Peru. Master of Business Administration, Universidad del Pacifico, Peru. Bachelor of Economics, Universidad de Lima, Peru.
Regarding his professional experience, he has been Academic Director of the Masters in Management of International Business and Management Administration and Finance Graduate School of the Universidad Peruana de Ciencias Aplicadas – EOI (Spain). BellSouth Operations Manager (BAPCO) Yellow Pages. General Manager of Valvoline INC (Peru). Director and General Manager of the Bank of Commerce. Deputy General Manager of Film S.A. and Chief Financial Officer of the company Construcciones Metálicas Union S.A. He has extensive experience in teaching at a graduate level, in the specialty of Finance. Visiting Professor at Business Schools Costa Rica, Panama, Dominican Republic, Honduras and Spain. Consultant and international lecturer.
- Corporate finance and investments
- Value creation and social responsibility
- Finance and artificial intelligence
Regarding his intellectual production, Professor Chu has authored several books among which include:
- Chu, J. M. (2015). La creación de valor en las finanzas: mitos y paradigmas (2nd ed., pp. 384). Lima: Fondo Editorial UPC.
- Chu, J. M., & Agüero, C. (2015). Matemáticas para las decisiones financieras (2nd ed., pp. 411). Lima: Fondo Editorial UPC.
- Chu, J. M. (2014). Finanzas para no Financieros (4th ed.). Lima: Universidad Peruana de Ciencias Aplicadas S.A.C.
- Chu, J. M. (2009). Finanzas Aplicadas: Teoría y Práctica. Lima: Universidad Peruana de Ciencias Aplicadas S.A.C.
- Chu, J. M. (2009). Fundamentos de Finanzas: Un enfoque peruano (7th ed., pp. 731). Lima: Financial Advisory Partners S.A.C.
- Chu, J. M. (2009). Mis Finanzas personales (2nd ed., pp. 224). Lima: Universidad Peruana de Ciencias Aplicadas S.A.C.
He is currently Professor and Head of the Academic Area of Finance and Economics in CENTRUM Catolica Graduate Business School.
- Award for full time faculty academic excellence 2017, CENTRUM PUCP.