DEGREES AND CERTIFICATIONS
Professor Flores holds a PhD in Business Administration from Texas Tech University, United States, a Master’s Degree in Business Administration, from ESAN, Peru and he is an Agricultural Engineer from the Universidad Nacional Agraria La Molina, Peru.
He participated in the “Returning Scholars” program at the University of Chicago and in a variety of workshops at the Academy of Management (questionnaire development, Measuring the Interaction Effects in Multiple Regression, Process Research, etc.). He studied Simultaneous Equation Models (LiSREL) at the University of Michigan and others, such as Northern Illinois University and CARMA (Publish or Perish, Program assessment, etc.).
Dr. Flores is an Emeritus Professor at the University of Illinois, where he worked 27 years. Besides his activities as a professor, he was the Director of International Strategic Management Programs. He has also taught at Loyola University of Chicago, University of Alabama, United States, and ESAN, where he was the Director of Graduate Programs. Professor Flores has been a member of the board at several organizations. He has led businesses—from companies listed in Fortune 500 to medium-sized companies and NGOs—throughout the strategic planning process, helping managers to break paradigms, strengthen the leadership, enhance teamwork and create effective communication channels. He has also worked in North, Central and South America, Europe, Southeast Asia, Africa, the Middle East, and Australia.
Professor Flores is the author/coauthor of several papers published in peer-reviewed journals, such as:
- Flores, L. G., Zheng, W., Rau, D., & Thomas, C. (2012). Organizational learning: Subprocess identification, construct validation, and an empirical test of cultural antecedents. Journal of Management, 38(2), 640-667.
- Flores, L. G., Catalanello, R., Rau, D., & Saxena, N. (2008). Organizational learning as a moderator of the effect of strategic planning on company performance. International Journal of Management, 25(3), 569-577.
- Flores, L. G., Ritchie, W., & Wolfe, J. |. (2008). Exploring distance education as an alternative to locally administered business strategy simulations: The case of two universities. Review of Business Research, 8(3).
- Excellence in Undergraduate Teaching Award, Department of Management, Northern Illinois University, 2008.
- Outstanding Reviewer Award, Strategic Management Society, 2011.
- Faculty Advisor at Sigma Iota Epsilon fraternity, 2000
- Sion Raveed Award for Best Paper presented at the meeting of the Business Association of Latin American Studies (Personal Values of Central American Managers), 1984.
- Graduate Scholarship for the PhD. program at Texas Tech University, ESAN, 1972-1976.
- Graduate Scholarship for the PhD. program at Texas Tech University, United States Agency of International Development (USAID), 1972-1976.
- Fulbright Scholarship, Fulbright Commission for Educational Exchange, 1972-1976.
- Dissertation and Self-Management Trainee Grant, Ford Foundation, 1975.
- Dissertation Scholarship, Federal Institute of Technical Cooperation of Yugoslavia, 1975.
Professor Flores is a senior consultant at SEI Consulting and Affiliated Professor at CENTRUM PUCP Business School.