DEGREES AND CERTIFICATIONS
Professor Salas is Doctor of Philosophy in Spanish, University of Colorado. Master of Arts in Spanish, University of Colorado. Bachelor of Language and Literature, Pontificia Universidad Catolica del Peru.
Since 1990 he has been a professor in different Peruvian institutions such as the Peruvian Institute of Advertising, the Pontifical Catholic University of Peru and the Universidad Peruana Cayetano Heredia. He has also been teaching assistant at the University of Colorado at Boulder and visiting professor at Colby College. He has published scholarly articles in Hispanic Journal and Fifteenth Century Studies. It has also reviews published in the Journal of Moral Education, Colorado Review of Hispanic Studies and Dissidences, Hispanic Journal of Theory and Criticism, magazine latter in which he was also editor reviews. He has twice received the scholarship dissertation Tomas E. Devaney.
He is an advisor to the Peruvian Literary Network and has given lectures and workshops in Lima on medieval poetry, Renaissance historiography and fictions of Jorge Luis Borges.
He is the author/coauthor of the following papers published in peer-reviewed journals:
- Gallegos, F., & Salas, D. (2019). Business-career transition of poor people with disabilities in Ecuador: An exploratory study. The International Journal of Interdisciplinary Social and Community Studies, 14(1), 13-35.
- Salas, D. (2012). The early light of history and guerra de Granada by Diego Hurtado de Mendoza. Confluencia – Revista Hispánica de Cultura y Literatura, 28(1), 90-103.
- Salas, D. (2011). Razón de amor como broma secreta. Estudios Filológicos(48), 93-102.
- Salas, D. (2008). Sabine MacCormack. On the wings of time. Rome, the incas, Spain and Peru. Hispanic Journal of Theory and Criticism, 2(4/5), 1-4.
He is currently Professor and Researcher at CENTRUM PUCP Business School.
- Intellectual Production Award, CENTRUM PUCP Business School, 2011.