DEGREES AND CERTIFICATIONS
Professor Mariño holds a PhD in Industrial and Systems Engineering from Mississippi State University, USA, a Master’s degree in Transportation & Logistics Management from the American Military University, USA, a Master of Science in Engineering Management from California State University, USA, a Master’s Degree in Administration with a major in Finance from Universidad del Pacífico, Peru, and an undergraduate degree in Industrial Engineering from Universidad de Lima, Peru. He has pursued several courses at: Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Data Science and Big Data Analytics, Harvard Extension School, Harvard University, Released Science Certification, Stanford Certified Project Manager, Stanford University, USA, Graduate Certificate Theoretical Statistics, California State University, USA.
Professor Mariño has worked in several American companies: as General Manager at MFC Project Engineers (4PL), California, USA., Regional Manager at Indigo Piping Systems (3PL), California, U.S.A., as Operations Manager at Nestlé, Distribution Manager at Embotelladora Latin America S.A., Commercial Manager at Él, General Manager at RED IDI (Research, Development and Innovation) in Peru. He has been a researcher at the Analytics & Optimization laboratory in the Department of Industrial Engineering at Mississippi State University, USA. He has also been an Instructor of the Department of Industrial Engineering at University of Central Florida, USA, a University Professor in the undergraduate and graduate programs in several universities. He is a Visiting Professor at University of La Sabana, Colombia, and a Business Consultant in Big Data Analytics, Supply Chain Management, and Operations Research.
He is the author of the following papers: Reporte preliminar: Entendiendo las preferencias y actitudes al escoger el medio de transporte en estudiantes universitarios and Contenedores inteligentes, ¿un packaging factible para integrar la logística hacia adelante y logística inversa en Latinoamérica? (Universidad San Ignacio de Loyola, 2014), among others.
FIELDS OF RESEARCH
- Big data analytics, network, graphs, text analytics, streaming data, and machine learning applications.
- Supply chain optimization with applications in renewable energy, stochastic programming.
- Transportation and supply chain network optimization: network design and facility location problems.
- Regression, statistical inference, and unsupervised learning techniques.
- Advanced optimization with heuristics, meta-heuristics, discrete-event simulation, and decision analysis.
- Carlos Marino, Mohammad Marufuzzaman, Mengqi Hu, M.D. Sarder, Developing a CCHP-Microgrid operation decision model under uncertainty, In Computers & Industrial Engineering, Volume 115, 2018, Pages 354-367, ISSN 0360-8352, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cie.2017.11.021.
- Carlos Marino, Md Abdul Quddus, Mohammad Marufuzzaman, Mark Cowan, Amy E. Bednar, A chance constrained two-stage stochastic programming model for reliable Microgrid operations under power demand uncertainty, Sustainable Energy, Grids and Networks, Volume 13, March 2018, Pages 66-77, ISSN 2352-4677, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.segan.2017.12.007.
He currently is the Research Director, Professor and Researcher at the Operations, Logistics and ICT at CENTRUM Católica Graduate Business School.