DEGREES AND CERTIFICATIONS
Professor Hoyos is Doctor of Business Administration from Maastricht School of Management, Netherlands. He also holds a Master’s degree in Strategic Business Administration from Pontificia Universidad Catolica del Perú, a Master’s degree in Research Philosophy from Maastricht School of Management, Netherlands, a Master’s degree in Business Administration, and he is a Specialist in International Cooperation and Project Management from Universidad Externado de Colombia. Professor Hoyos also holds a Bachelor of Science in Religion and Theology from Pontificia Universidad Javeriana, Colombia.
Dr. Hoyos has been Professor and Researcher at the Center for Strategic thinking and Director of Undergraduate Business Administration at Universidad Externado de Colombia. He has also taught graduate courses at several universities in Colombia. He has been a Business Consultant in strategic foresight, President of Lisa Meitner-Bilingual School, Project Director of Minuto de Dios School Corporation, Director of San Rafael IB-School. Professor Hoyos has also been Education Adviser of Colombian Indigenous Movement. National Director of Amigos en Marcha juvenile movement. Teacher of primary and secondary school. Professor of the trainers at Archdiocese of Bogotá. Director of MBA and Master’s degree theses in strategic foresight. Evaluator of education quality management projects with Nutresa Foundation and Meals in Colombia. Speaker at national and international conferences on Strategic Planning and ethical leadership issues.
FIELDS OF RESEARCH
- Global trends in education
- Critical Thinking in Education
- Ethics and Leadership Styles
- Management and Leadership
- Emotional intelligence and leadership
- Strategic Foresight
Professor Carlos Hoyos is the author of several papers published in peer reviewed journals, such as:
- Hoyos, C.A. & Mojica, F.J. (2018). National University of Colombia: Scenarios in Tumaco to 2035. Technological Forecasting and Social Change. (Ready for Decision)
- Hoyos, C.A. (2017). Gender, leadership and ethic to lead: an integrative vision of western and eastern philosophy. Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México, XXII Congreso Internacional de Contaduría, Administración e Informática. 22. ISSN 23958960.
- Hoyos, C.A. (2019). Employees´ mobility in knowledge-intensive organizations: The moderator role of the employee´s opportunity cost. International Journal of Human Research Management. (Doctoral thesis: In development).
Professor Hoyos currently is the Head of the Academic Area of Humanities and Axiology. He currently is a Professor and Researcher at the Strategy, Leadership, and Management department at CENTRUM PUCP Business School.
- Lifetime Member Beta-Gamma-Sigma, CENTRUM PUCP, September 2017.
- The Millennium Project. Member of the Node Colombia.
- Order of José Acevedo and Gomez – Cruz de Plata, Council of Bogota, August 2009.