DEGREES AND CERTIFICATIONS
He is currently Executive Director of the Foster Center for Leadership at the University of Washington and Distinguished Visiting Professor at CENTRUM PUCP. PhD. Industrial/Organizational/Lifespan Psychology, University of Akron. MA. Industrial /Organizational Psychology, University of Akron. BA. Psychology, State Univ ersity of New York.
He has extensive international experience in the area of leadership. He has done consulting work in various public and private organizations in North and South America, Africa, Europe and Southeast Asia as well as Australia, New Zealand, Saudi Arabia and Israel. His research and consulting includes work with the armed forces of the United States of America, Singapore, Sweden, Finland, Israel and South Africa.
He is the author of 11 books and over 130 articles on leadership and related areas, among which we can mention:
- “A Self-Concept Based Measure of Generalized Leader Efficacy, with S.T. Hannah, F. Walumbwa and A. Chan, Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, forthcoming.
- “The Relationship between Authentic Leadership and Job Performance: The Mediating Role of Follower Emotions and Psychological Capital, with S.J. Peterson, F.O. Walumbwa and S.T. Hannah, Leadership Quarterly, forthcoming.
- “Leadership and Culture Influences on Ethical Cognitions and Behaviors: A Multi-Level Systems Approach, with J.M. Schaubroeck, S.T. Hannah, S.W.J. Kozlowski, R.G. Lord, L.K. Trevino, N. Dimtakis and A.C. Peng, Academy of Management Journal, forthcoming.
- “The Impact of Psychological Capital on Employee Performance Over Time: A Latent Growth Modeling Approach, with S.J. Peterson, F. Luthans, F. Walumbwa and Z. Zhang, Personnel Psychology, forthcoming.
- “Leadership Models, Methods and Applications: Progress and Remaining Blind Spots, with J.J. Sosik and Y. Berson, in W. Borman, D. Ilgen and R. Klimoski (eds.), The Complete Handbook of Psychology, Volume 12: Industrial and Organizational Psychology, forthcoming.
- “Building Moral Capacity: Toward a Holistic Development Model, with S.T. Hannah and D.R. May, Academy of Management Review, Vol. 36, 2011, pp. 663-685.
- “Toward a Meta-Theory of Leadership: Conceptualizing the Loci and Mechanisms of Leadership Within a Double Interact Process Model, with M. Eberly, M. Johnson and M. Hernandez, The Leadership Quarterly, Vol. 22, 2011, pp. 1165-1185.
- “The Locus of Leadership, with S.T. Hannah, The Leadership Quarterly, Vol. 22, 2011, pp. 979-983.
- “Leader Character, Ethos and Virtue: Individual and Collective Considerations, with S.T. Hannah, The Leadership Quarterly, Vol. 22, 2011, pp. 989-994.
- “Mentoring Impact on Leader Efficacy Development: A Field Experiment, with P.O. Lester, S.T. Hannah, P.D. Harmes and G. Lester, Academy of Management Learning and Education Journal, Vol. 10, 2011, pp. 402-429.
- “Authentic Leadership and Effects on Follower Moral Courage, Psychological Capital, and Performance, with S.T. Hannah and F.O. Walumbwa, Business Ethics Quarterly, Vol. 21, Issue 4, 2011, pp. 555-557.
- “Leadership and Management Research in Afri: A Synthesis and Suggestions for Future Research, with F.O. Walumbwa and S. Aryee, Journal of Occupational and Organizational Psychology, Vol. 84, 2011, pp. 425-439.
Reviewer of the following journals:
- Experimental Aging Research; Personnel Psychology;
- Administrative Science Quarterly;
- Journal of Gerontology;
- Applied Psychology: An International Review;
- Academy of Management Review y Journal of Applied Social Psychology.
- SUNY-Binghamton Award for Distinguished Scholarly Research (2000).
- Appointed to Chief of Defense Advisory Council, Singapore (2002).
- SUNY Chancellor’s Award for Research Excellence (2001).
- Corning Innovation and Research Award (1988, 1998).