ASGHAR AFSHAR JAHANSHAHI
DEGREES AND CERTIFICATIONS
Professor Asghar Afshar Jahanshahi holds a PhD in Business Administration from University of Pune, India, a Master’s Degree in Public Administration with a major in Human Resources from University of Sistan & Baluchestan, Iran and a Bachelor’s Degree in Public Administration from Payame Noor University, Iran.
Professor Asghar Afshar Jahanshahi has worked as an Associate professor at the Lincoln University in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia; Assistant Professor at the Payame Noor University in Iran, and Postdoctoral Researcher at the Pontifical Catholic University of Chile.
His research interests explore the “people side of strategy” by seeking to answer questions, such as how CEOs and top management teams’ perceptions, personalities, and values shape key firms’ strategic behaviors, including innovation, imitation, and real options reasoning.
Professor Asghar Afshar Jahanshahi is the author and co-author of several research papers published in international peer-review journals:
- Afshar, M., Omid, P., Al-Gamrh, B., & Afshar, A. J. (2019). Audit management, need for closure and detection of misstatements. Journal of Accounting in Emerging Economies.
- Afshar, A. J., & Brem, A. (2019). Entrepreneurs in post-sanctions Iran: Innovation or imitation under conditions of perceived environmental uncertainty. Asia Pacific Journal of Management.
- Afshar, A. J. (in press). Anomie at public organizations: How can the quality of work life help?. To appear in Journal of Public Affairs.
- Afshar, A. J., & Jia, J. (2018). Purchasing green products as a means of expressing consumers’ uniqueness: Empirical evidence from Peru and Bangladesh. Sustainability, 10(11). doi.org/10.3390/su10114062
- Afshar, A. J., Brem, A., & Nawaser, K. (2018). The effects of customer capital on customer response speed and innovativeness: the mediating role of marketing capability. International Journal of Innovation Management. doi.org/10.1142/S1363919619500580
- Afshar, A. J., & Jia, J. (in press). The effects of social capital and physiological resilience on employees positive work attitudes. To appear in International Journal of Human Resources Development and Management.
- Yin, M., & Afshar, A. J. (2018). Developing knowledge-based resources: The role of entrepreneurs’ social network size and trust. Sustainability, 10(10), 1-15. doi:10.3390/su10103380
- Afshar, A. J., & Nawaser, K. (2018). Is real options reasoning a cause or consequence of dynamic capability?. Strategic Change Journal, 27(4), 395-402. DOI: 10.1002/jsc.2211
- Afshar, A. J., & Brem, A. (2018). Antecedents of corporate environmental commitments: The role of customers. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health, 15(6).
- Afshar, A. J., Brem, A., & Nawaser, K. (2018). Corporate entrepreneurship strategy: An analysis of top management teams in SMEs. Baltic Journal of Management, 13(4), 528-543. doi.org/10.1108/BJM-12-2017-0397
- Afshar, A. J., Brem, A., & Shahabinezhad, M. (2018). Does thinking style make a difference in environmental perception and orientation? Evidence from entrepreneurs in post-sanction Iran. Sustainability, 10(5), 1-19. 10.3390/su10051546
- Gharleghi, B., Afshar, A. J., & Thoene, T. (in press). Locational factors and the reindustrialisation process in USA: Reshoring from China. To appear in International Journal of Business and Globalisation.
- Hasan, M., Afshar, A. J., & Rahman, M. (2018). Islamic branding as a tool for customer retention: Antecedents and consequences of Islamic brand loyalty. International Journal of Islamic Marketing and Branding, 3(1), 1-14.
- Nawaser, K., & Afshar, A. J. (2018). The antecedents of firm innovativeness: empirical evidence from small-sized firms. Middle East Journal of Management, 5(2), 105-120.
- Gharleghi, B., Afshar, A. J., & Nawaser, K. (2018). The outcomes of corporate social responsibility to employees: Empirical evidence from a developing country. Sustainability, 10(3). doi:10.3390/su10030698
- Afshar, A. J., & Brem, A. (2017). Sustainability in SMEs: Top management teams behavioral integration as source of innovativeness. Sustainability, 9(10), 1-16.
- Afshar, A. J., Brem, A., & Bhattacharjee, A. (2017). Who takes more sustainability-oriented entrepreneurial actions? The role of entrepreneurs’ values, beliefs and orientations. Sustainability, 9(10), 1-19. www.mdpi.com/2071-1050/9/10/1636
- Afshar, A. J., & Brem, A. (2017). Does real options reasoning support or oppose project performance? Empirical evidence from electronic commerce projects. Project Management Journal, 48(4), 39-54. www.pmi.org/-/media/pmi/documents/public/pdf/learning/pmj/early-edition/aug-sep-2017/j20170839.pdf
- Afshar, A. J. (2016). Disentangling the emergence of perceived environmental uncertainty among technology entrepreneurs. The International Journal of Cybernetics, Systems and Management Sciences, 45(6), 962-976.
- Afshar, A. J., Nawaser, K., Eizi, N., & Etemadi, M. (2015). The role of real options thinking in achieving sustainable competitive advantage for SMEs.. Global Business & Organizational Excellence, 35(1), 35-44.
- Afshar, A. J., Zhang, S. X., & Brem, A. (2013). E-commerce for SMEs: empirical insights from three countries. Journal of Small Business and Enterprise Development, 20(4), 849-865.
- Sadeghi, A., Nawaser, K., Mahdi, S., Afshar, A. J., & Kazi, R. (2013). Which Organizational Culture Moves towards Organizational Excellency. Asian Social Science, 9(1), 221-236.
- Avazpour, R., Rajizadeh, A., Zamyad, A., Afshar, A. J., & Seyyedi, S. (2013). Investigating the relation between organizational culture and excellence performance based on EFQM model in SMEs. Research Journal of Applied Sciences, Engineering and Technology, 5(14), 3684-3691.
He has been the author of the following book chapter:
- Jahanshahi, & Zhang, S. (2015). Real options reasoning and innovative performance in the context of dynamic capabilities. In Innovation Marketing – Balancing internal and external stakeholders interest for the Management of Innovation. Alexander Brem & Éric Viardot (eds.) pp. 181-193.
He currently is Professor, and Researcher at CENTRUM PUCP Business School.
- Award for intellectual contribution, CENTRUM PUCP Business School, 2018.
- Award for intellectual contribution, CENTRUM PUCP Business School, 2017.