ASGHAR AFSHAR JAHANSHAHI
DEGREES AND CERTIFICATIONS
Professor Asghar Afshar Jahanshahi holds a PhD in Business Administration from University of Pune, India, a Master’s Degree in Public Administration with a major in Human Resources from University of Sistan & Baluchestan, Iran and a Bachelor’s Degree in Public Administration from Payame Noor University, Iran.
Professor Asghar Afshar Jahanshahi has worked as an Associate professor at the Lincoln University in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia; Assistant Professor at the Payame Noor University in Iran, and Postdoctoral Researcher at the Pontifical Catholic University of Chile.
His research interests explore the “people side of strategy” by seeking to answer questions, such as how CEOs and top management teams’ perceptions, personalities, and values shape key firms’ strategic behaviors, including innovation, imitation, and real options reasoning.
Professor Asghar Afshar Jahanshahi is the author and co-author of several research papers published in international peer-review journals:
- Nawaser, K., & Afshar, A. J. (2018). The antecedents of firm innovativeness: empirical evidence from small-sized firms. Middle East Journal of Management, 5(2), 105-120.
- Gharleghi, B., Afshar, A. J., & Nawaser, K. (2018). The outcomes of corporate social responsibility to employees: Empirical evidence from a developing country. Sustainability, 10(3). doi:3390/su10030698
- Hasan, M., Afshar, A. J., & Rahman, M. (in press). Islamic branding as a tool for customer retention: Antecedents and consequences of Islamic brand loyalty. To appear in International Journal of Islamic Marketing and Branding.
- Afshar, A. J., & Brem, A. (2017). Sustainability in SMEs: Top management teams behavioral integration as source of innovativeness. Sustainability, 9(10), 1-16. doi:3390/su9101899
- Afshar, A. J., & Nawaser, K. (in press). Real options reasoning is cause or consequence of dynamic capability. To appear in Strategic Change Journal.
- Afshar, A. J., Brem, A., & Bhattacharjee, A. (2017). Who takes more sustainability-oriented entrepreneurial actions? The role of entrepreneurs’ values, beliefs and orientations. Sustainability, 9(10), 1-19.
- Afshar, A. J., & Brem, A. (2017). Does real options reasoning support or oppose project performance? Empirical evidence from electronic commerce projects. Project Management Journal, 48(4), 39-54. www.pmi.org/-/media/pmi/documents/public/pdf/learning/pmj/early-edition/aug-sep-2017/j20170839.pdf
- Afshar, A. J. (2016). Disentangling the emergence of perceived environmental uncertainty among technology entrepreneurs. The International Journal of Cybernetics, Systems and Management Sciences, 45(6), 962-976.
- Afshar, A. J., Nawaser, K., Eizi, N., & Etemadi, M. (2015). The role of real options thinking in achieving sustainable competitive advantage for SMEs. Global Business & Organizational Excellence, 35(1), 35-44.
- Afshar, A. J., Zhang, S. X., & Brem, A. (2013). E-commerce for SMEs: empirical insights from three countries. Journal of Small Business and Enterprise Development, 20(4), 849-865. search.proquest.com/docview/1462472707/fulltextPDF/61E0CE772DC14C4FPQ/1?accountid=28391
- Sadeghi, A., Nawaser, K., Mahdi, S., Afshar, A. J., & Kazi, R. (2013). Which Organizational Culture Moves towards Organizational Excellency. Asian Social Science, 9(1), 221-236. www.ccsenet.org/journal/index.php/ass/article/view/30072
- Avazpour, R., Rajizadeh, A., Zamyad, A., Afshar, A. J., & Seyyedi, S. (2013). Investigating the relation between organizational culture and excellence performance based on EFQM model in SMEs. Research Journal of Applied Sciences, Engineering and Technology, 5(14), 3684-3691.
He has been the author of the following book chapter:
- Jahanshahi, & Zhang, S. (2015). Real options reasoning and innovative performance in the context of dynamic capabilities. In Innovation Marketing – Balancing internal and external stakeholders interest for the Management of Innovation. Alexander Brem & Éric Viardot (eds.) pp. 181-193.
He currently is Professor, and Researcher at the Marketing, Sales and Entrepreneurship Department at CENTRUM Católica Graduate Business School.
- Award for intellectual contribution, 2017, CENTRUM PUCP.