DEGREES AND CERTIFICATIONS
Professor Nazarian holds a Ph.D. in Management Studies from Brunel University, England, a MSc in Economics, Finance and Management from University of Bristol, England, and a BSc in Industrial Engineering, Mazandaran University of Science and Technology in Iran. He has also completed the supervising PG Research (SEDA) program, the PTTLS teaching qualification, SPSS and SEM workshops at Brunel University.
Professor Nazarian has been professor Senior Lecturer in International and Cross Cultural Management at University of Roehampton in England; Postgraduate Course Director and Senior Lecturer in Business and Management at University of West London; part-time Senior Lecturer at Brunel University; Senior Lecturer of HRM and organizational behavior at London Regal College; Program Director and Senior lecturer of IAM courses at WGGS College, among other lecturer positions in University Of Westminster, Halifax College, and Mazandaran university. He has also been International Marketing Manager at Pardis Pistachio in Iran.
FIELDS OF RESEARCH
- Organizational studies and organizational change
- Cross cultural studies (national and organizational culture)
- Leadership studies and development through cultural changes
- Organizational effectiveness and performance
Dr. Nazarian has published several peer-reviewed papers in international journals, such as:
- Puwanenthiren, P, Atkinson, P, and Nazarian, A. Baseline results – corporate culture and firm performance. Academy of Management Review (To be submitted by Jan 2020)
- Nazarian, A, Rodríguez-Molina, M. A, Ruiz-Alba, J.S. Velayati, R, and Atkinson, A. Culture, Leadership style and OCB in hospitality sector. Tourism Management (to be Submitted in Jan 2020)
- Abasi, A, Nazarian, A and Atkinson, P. Identifying and Conceptualizing the Tourist Spiritual/Religious Experience. Tourism Management (to be submitted in Dec 2019)
- Abasi, A, Velayati, R, and Nazarian, A. Battling out the Curses: Innovation through HR Flexibility and Cultural Adaptability. Journal of General Management (To be submitted by end of Jan 2020)
- Nazarian, A, Atkinson, P, Foroudi, and Edirisinghe, D. Factors Affecting Organisational Effectiveness in Independent Hotels. International Journal of Contemporary Hospitality Management (To be submitted by Nov 2019)
- Atkinson, P., Hizaji, M., Nazarian, A., and Abasi, A. Attaining organizational agility through competitive intelligence: the roles of strategic flexibility and organizational innovation. International Journal of Innovation Management (Under Review)
- Nazarian, A, Atkinson, P, Foroudi, P, and Edirisinghe, D. Organisational Citizenship Behaviour – does location affect factors that influence it?. International Journal of Hospitality Management (Under review)
- Akbari, M., Nazarian, A., Foroudi, P., Seyyed Amiri, N., and Ezatabadipoor, E. How Corporate Social Responsibility Contributes to Strengthening Brand Loyalty, Hotel Positioning and Intention to Revisit. International Journal of Contemporary Management (Under Review)
- Nazarian, A, Atkinson, P, Foroudi, P, & Soares, A. Working Together: Factors Affecting the Relationship between Leadership and Job Satisfaction. Journal of General Management. (R&R)
- Nazarian, A, Atkinson, P, Foroudi, P, and Edirisinghe, D. The influence of servant leadership on OCB through Org justice and Org commitment in independent hotels: a comparison study. International Journal of Contemporary Hospitality Management (R&R)
- Edirisinghe, D, Nazarian, A, & Foroudi, P. Establishing psychological relationship between customers and retailers: a study of the small to medium scale clothing retail industry. Qualitative Market Research: An International Journal (Accepted/Press)
- Izadi, J, Nazarian, A, Ye, J, and Shahzad, A. The association between accruals and stock return following IFRS3. International Journal of Accounting, Auditing and Performance Evaluation, Vol 15(3), p. 262-277.
- Nazarian, A, Atkinson, P, & Foroudi, P. Dennis, K. Finding the right management approach in independent hotels. International Journal of Contemporary Hospitality Management, Vol. 31(7), pp. 2862-2883.
- Ruiz-Alba, Jose L, Nazarian, A, Andreu, L, & Rodríguez Molina, M. Museum visitors’ heterogeneity and experience processing. International Journal of Hospitality Management, Vol 78, pp. 131-141
- Izadi Zadeh Darjezi, J, Choudhury, H, & Nazarian, A. (2017). Simulation Evidence on the Properties of Alternative Measures of working capital Accruals; UK evidence. International Journal of Accounting and Information Management, Vol. 26(2), pp. 378-394
- Nazarian, A, Soares, A. & Lottermoser, T.B. (2017). Inherited organisational performance? The perceptions of generation Y on the influence of leadership styles. Leadership & Organization Development Journal, Vol. 38(7), pp. 1078-1094
- Foroudi, P., Suraksha, G., Nazarian, A., & Marta, D. (2017). Digital Technology and Marketing Management Capability: Achieving Growth in SMEs. Qualitative Market Research: An International Journal (Special Issue: Marketing in Emerging Markets), Vol. 20(2), pp.230-246.
- Nazarian, A., Atkinson, P. & Foroudi, P. (2017). Influence of National Culture and Balanced Organizational Culture on the Hotel Industry’s Performance. International Journal of Hospitality Management, 63, pp. 22-32.
- Potts, C. & Nazarian, A. (2015). Small Businesses and Graduate Recruitment in Australia and the United Kingdom. International Journal of Business and Social Science, Vol. 6(8), pp. 61-69
- Nazarian, A, & Atkinson, P. (2015). Organizational size as a moderator of the culture – effectiveness relationship: the case of the private sector in Iran. Organizational Culture: an International Journal, Vol. 14(2). Pp. 1-16
- Nazarian, A, Atkinson, P. & Greaves, L (2015). Impact of Organisational Size on the Relationship between Organisational Culture and Organisational Effectiveness: The Case of Small and Medium Size Organisations in Iran. Organizational Culture: an International Journal, Vol. 14(1), pp.1-16
- Nawar,Y.S. & Nazarian,A. (2015). Leadership Practices within Egyptian’s Private Educational Sector. International Journal of Management and Commerce Innovations .Vol. 3(6),pp.25-33.
- Nazarian, A, Atkinson, P. Greaves, L (2014). The Relationship between National Culture and Organisational Culture: Case of Medium and Large Size Organisations in Iran. Journal of the Macrotheme Review, Vol. 3(6), pp. 66-78
- Nazarian, A, & Atkinson, P. (2014). Impact of Culture on Leadership Style: The Case of Iranian Organisations. World Applied Sciences Journal, Vol.28 (6), pp. 770-777.
- Nazarian, A. & Atkinson, P. (2013). How size affects organizational culture in a national context. La Pensee Journal, Vol. 75(12), pp. 358-373
- Nazarian, A, & Atkinson, P. (2013). The Relationship between National Culture and Organisational Effectiveness: the Case of Iranian Private Sector Organisations. International Journal of Management and Marketing Academy, Vol. 1 (2), pp. 73-81
- Nazarian, A, Irani, Z, & Ali, M. (2013). The Relationship between National Culture and Organisational Culture: the Case of Iranian Private Sector Organisations. Journal of Economics, Business and Management, Vol 1(1), pp. 11-16.
He has also co-authored the following book chapters:
- Foroudi, P., Nazarian. And Aziz, U. (2019). The effect of Fashions e-Blogs on Women’s Intention of Use. In: Digital and Social Media marketing; Emerging Applications and Theoretical Develoment. Dwivedi, Y.K., Kumar, V., Kizgin, H. (eds). Routledge Taylor and Francis.
- Foroudi, P., Marvi, R. and Nazarian, A. (2019). WHISPERING EXPERIENCE: Configuring the Symmetrical and Asymmetrical Paths to Travellers’ Satisfaction and Passion. In: Place Branding: Connecting Tourist Experiences to Places. Foroudi, P., Dennis, C. and Melewar, T.C (eds). Routledge Taylor and Francis.
He currently is Professor and Researcher at CENTRUM PUCP Business School.