DEGREES AND CERTIFICATIONS
Professor Ahmed Deif holds a PhD and a Master of Science in Industrial & Manufacturing Systems Engineering from University of Windsor, Canada. He also holds a Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering from the American University in Egypt.
Professor Deif has been the Co-Director of the Center for Innovation, Entrepreneurship, Competitiveness and Technology Management at Nile University. He has been Visiting Professor and Research Assistant at University of Windsor, and Assistant Professor at the Department of Industrial Engineering, University of Regina, where he was also an Adjunct Professor. Professor Deif has vast industrial experience ranging from the automobile industry where he worked at Chrysler Canada’s R&D center to the steel, electronics and assembly industries where he held several engineering and consulting positions. As a Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma expert, he has helped several industries to improve their productive performance and conducted various Lean and Six Sigma trainings in the U.S., Canada and Egypt over the past 15 years. Professor Deif has also been a consultant to the government in several vocational training and education working groups.
Professor Deif has been the author/coauthor of several papers published in peer-reviewed journals, such as:
- Deif, A., & ElMaraghy, H. (2017). Variety and volume dynamic management for value creation in changeable manufacturing systems. International Journal of Production Research, 55(5), 1516-1529.
- Ali, R., & Deif, A. (2016). Assessing leanness score with demand dynamics in multi-stage production. Journal of Manufacturing Technology Management, 27(5), 614 – 639.
- Deif, A., Stark, C., Bluter, K., & Olsen, E. (in press). Evaluation of career readiness at an industrial technology program using a fuzzy approach. To appear in Journal of Technology Management and Applied Engineering.
- Deif, A., & Mostafa, H. (2016). Fuzzy developed tool for assessing risk of failure of lean implementation. International Journal of Industrial Electronics and Electrical Engineering, 4(8), 21-25.
- Deif, A., Janfawi, A.-W., & Ali, R. (2015). An integrated metric to assess leanness level based on efficiency, flow & variation. Journal of Supply Chain and Operations Management, 13(1), 44-57.
- ElMaraghy, H., & Deif, A. (2014). Dynamic modelling of impact of lean policies on production levelling feasibility. CIRP Annals – Manufacturing Technology, 63(1), 389392.
- Deif, A., & ElMaraghy, H. (2014). Cost performance dynamics in lean production leveling. Journal of Manufacturing Systems, 33(4), 613623.
- Deif, A. (2012). Dynamic analysis of a lean cell under uncertainty. International Journal of Production Research, 50(4), 1127-1139.
- Deif, A., & ElMaraghy, H. (2011). A multiple performance analysis of market-capacity integration policies. International Journal of Manufacturing Research, 6(3), 191-213.
- Deif, A. (2011). A system model for green manufacturin. Journal of Cleaner Production, 19(14), 15531559.
- Marufuzzaman, M., & Deif, A. (2010). A dynamic approach to determine the product flow nature in apparel supply chain network. International Journal of Production Economics, 128(2), 484495.
- Deif, A., & ElMaraghy, H. (2009). Modelling and analysis of dynamic capacity complexity in multi-stage production. Production Planning & Control, 20(8), 737-749.
- Deif, A., & ElMaraghy, W. (2009). Dynamic modelling of reconfigurable manufacturing planning and control systems using supervisory control. International Journal of Manufacturing Technology and Management, 17(1-2).
- Deif, A., & ElMaraghy, H. (2007). Assessing capacity scalability policies in RMS using system dynamics. International Journal of Flexible Manufacturing Systems, 19(3), 128-150.
- Deif, A., & ElMaraghy, W. (2007). Agile MPC system linking manufacturing and market strategies. Journal of Manufacturing Systems, 26(2), 99-107.
- Deif, A., & ElMaraghy, W. (2007). Investigating optimal capacity scalability scheduling in a reconfigurable manufacturing system. The International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology, 32(5), 557562.
- Deif, A., & ElMaraghy, H. (2007). Integrating static and dynamic analysis in studying capacity scalability in RMS. International Journal of Manufacturing Research, 2(4), 414-427.
- Deif, A., & ElMaraghy, W. (2006). A control approach to explore the dynamics of capacity scalability in reconfigurable manufacturing systems. Journal of Manufacturing Systems, 25(1), 12-24.
- Deif, A., & ElMaraghy, W. (2006). Effect of time-based parameters on the agility of a dynamic MPC system. CIRP Annals – Manufacturing Technology, 55(1), 437-440.
- Deif, A., & ElMaraghy, W. (2006). Effect of reconfiguration costs on planning for capacity scalability in reconfigurable manufacturing systems. International Journal of Flexible Manufacturing Systems, 18(3), 225238.
He has been the author/coauthor of the following book chapters:
- Singh, J., Shani, A., Femal, H., & Deif, A. (2016). Packaging’s role in sustainability: Reusable plastic containers in the agricultural-food supply chains. In Cagliano, R., Caniato, F. , Worley, C. (Ed.), Organizing Supply Chain Processes for Sustainable Innovation in the Agri-Food Industry (vol. 5, pp. 175 – 204). Emerald Group Publishing Limited.
- Deif, A., & ElMaraghy, W. (2006). A systematic design approach for reconfigurable manufacturing systems. Advances in Design (vol. IV, pp. 219-228). Springer London.
- Deif, A., & ElMaraghy, W. (2006). Dynamic capacity planning and modeling its complexity. Changeable and reconfigurable manufacturing systems (pp. 227-246). Springer London.
He currently is an Associate Professor at California Polytechnic State University and Affiliate Professor at CENTRUM PUCP Business School.