Current CENTRUM Student


Work groups

  • How many members are there in a work group and what are the criteria to form it?

    Your work group should consist of 4 members and the criteria to follow are balance among professions, gender and academic performance. The formation of groups is the exclusive responsibility of the Office of the Program Director. Consequently, it is not subject to approval or objection from students. Exceptionally as a result of duly substantiated causes, there may be groups of more than, or less than, 4 people.

  • Is it possible to change group?

    The groups are insoluble and one cannot change groups.

  • What happens if a member of a group does not collaborate with the group assignments?

    On the first page of each group assignment, the names of students will be indicated who prepared it. The name of a group member shall be placed there if he/she was not involved in preparing the work. The members, whose names appear on the assignment, assume responsibility for it.


  • Do MBA program students have an academic tutor?

    Yes. The Master’s Programs Office is responsible for the academic tutoring of students during their studies. For any questions about the development of the program, you can talk to the program coordinators, the assistant program directors (international, Lima and outside Lima) and to the director of the master’s programs. For questions about a particular academic subject, you can talk to the heads of the academic areas, who can channel the consultation to a specialized professor.

Foreign language certification

  • How do I become certified in a foreign language?

    To obtain the master’s degree, as established by the University Act, you must prove knowledge of a foreign language. To do this, you must submit to the Office of the Director of Master’s Programs a certificate of knowledge of foreign language (English, French, Italian, German or Portuguese), as set out in Appendix A of the student Policy Guide.

  • If I don’t have the certification in a foreign language on schedule, I can process the academic degree?

    You will not be able to process the corresponding degree.

Make-up exams

  • Are there make-up exams or additional assignments outside those established in the course syllabus?

    We do not consider make-up exams or additional assignments outside those established in the course syllabus.

Justification of absence

  • In case of not being able to attend classes, how do I justify my absence?

    You must justify your absence by presenting the ” Justification of Absences Format” (Appendix L of student Regulatory Guide), with support documents (physical or virtual) to the Office of the Program Coordinator, within no more than 15 working days of the date of absence. The approval will be valid only for the purpose of rescheduling an assessment that could not be conducted due to the absence and has no effect on the accumulation of absences. Supporting documents to be presented are:

    • Health: justification or rest issued by a doctor
    • Work trip (letter from the company, no emails)
    • Force majeure, with accompanying justification
    • There are no other options to justify absences.
  • Can I justify my absence for staying at work overtime, because I want to participate in a fair or because I have to attend courses for work?

    You cannot justify the absence because of these reasons. The events have to be force majeure that make it impossible for you to attend classes. In work-related cases, you must inform your boss that you are taking the program, in order to leave in time to meet your obligations as a student in CENTRUM Católica.

  • Can I pass a course without having attended or attending only some classes?

    To pass a course, you must have attended no less than 67% of the scheduled sessions. You cannot pass a course with more than 33% of absences from scheduled classes for any reason. The failing grade, if you have exceeded the limit of absences, will be 05.00. If you attend no session of a course, you will receive the grade of 00.00.

Study trips

  • What are the considerations of the study trip? Is it mandatory?

    All CENTRUM Católica MBA programs have study trips as part of the academic activities. The duration of the trip and dates are scheduled and disseminated in advance and are mandatory, being a part of the academic calendar. Participation is an essential requirement to complete the program.

  • What if I don’t participate in the study trip for reasons of force majeure?

    If you do not participate in the scheduled studies trip, you will receive a grade of 00.00 in the courses that are taught during it and those in the curriculum of the program. Insurmountable occurrences beyond your control and communicated prior to the date of travel are exceptions, with documents proving that impossibility (force majeure). CENTRUM Católica will not assume any responsibility in the event that a student is unable to travel for any reason whatsoever, for example, not arriving on time at the airport, not obtained the visa, etc. Nor is the school obligated to offer the student the program or the courses he failed to attend. In international programs (or those that include international travel), where the cost of studies at the partner schools is included in the total investment in the program, no refund will be made if the student does not make the trip.

  • For international travel, how do I get the required visa?

    The process of obtaining visas and their costs, in accordance with current standards established by the respective consulates and embassies of the countries to be visited, are the sole responsibility of the student. CENTRUM Católica will provide letters addressed to the consulates and embassies. If you don’t travel due to a lack of having the appropriate visa, and as a result you do not take the corresponding courses, you will not be able to obtain the degree. In this case, however, you will be allowed to take courses at a next opportunity, if feasible, for which you must bear the costs that arise from it.

  • Can I lose the degree or certificate given if I do not participate in a study tour?

    Students of programs with double degrees or various certificates who do not participate in the study trip may lose the right to obtain the degree or certificate offered by the program.

Job Bank - CENTRUM Placement Office

  • Does CENTRUM Católica have a job bank?

    CENTRUM Católica, in the Office of CENTRUM Alliances, disseminates the best job offers from the national and international market. In addition, it is the main link between CENTRUM Católica students and alumni and the most prestigious and recognized companies operating in our country.

  • What are the features of this service?
    • The job requirements we receive from companies go through a selection process before being brought to the attention of our students and alumni.
    • We currently have over 450 companies and institutions using our job bank.
    • Through the CENTRUM Placements Office, students and alumni can access job offers, find information about job fairs and be part of the events we organize in Lima and provinces.
    • The job offers are sent to PUCP emails. Students of the following programs that enjoy these benefits at national and international level are Doctoral, MBA, Master’s, Certificate programs and PBA.
    • If you do not have your PUCP email enabled, contact CENTRUM Technical Support at the following address:

Withdrawal from the program

  • Is it possible to withdraw from the program that I am in?

    Yes it can be done, through a voluntary withdrawal.

  • What is the voluntary withdrawal?

    The voluntary withdrawal occurs when, for reasons of force majeure, you must withdraw from the program. For this, you will present a letter to the CENTRUM Católica Office of the Academic Director, attaching documents certifying the occurrence. In the letter, you should indicate your full name, your program, the reason for your request for final withdrawal and your signature. We recommend reading: (a) the Regulations Guide and (b) the Regulation of Economic Aspects for students in CENTRUM Católica.

  • Is it possible to be withdrawn, unwillingly, from the program I am in?

    Yes, this happens if you have accumulated a second course failure or for having committed serious offenses.

  • If I have been withdrawn from CENTRUM Católica for academic, administrative or disciplinary reasons, may I apply for the same program?

    No; not in the same or any other program.

  • If I want to apply to CENTRUM Católica after having withdrawn voluntarily, what should I do?

    You must reapply.

  • Where I can find information on economic aspects of my program, how I will be paid if I withdraw from or if I want to make a program change?

    For these cases, the provisions of Regulation of Economic Aspects are necessary.

  • If I withdraw or I am removed from the program, I can request a transcript?

    Yes, you can make this request with the area responsible (DARSA).


  • Does CENTRUM Católica give me an email?

    Yes, you will receive a PUCP e-mail address.

  • How do I use the email that CENTRUM Católica gives me?

    All communications between CENTRUM Católica and students will be made through the email address. It is your responsibility to verify the communications.

  • If I want to update the email, how should I do it?

    We suggest you check the Online Manual, where you will find the information needed to edit the personal data in the Virtual Campus. We also recommend this page. If you have other questions or are unable to access, contact Di-Consulta (using screen shots) through the email account:

    Note: Only the first two e-mails that appear on your CV are used to send communication from the PUCP Virtual Campus.


  • What are the requirements for graduation?

    To graduate from a Master’s program, you need to successfully complete all the courses of its terms, defend and receive approval of the final research assignment, deliver the bound copy of the Master’s thesis, be certified in a second language as required by law and have no outstanding administrative and financial issues with the school. No student may graduate if these requirements have not met.

Failed courses

  • If I fail a course, is it possible to take it again?

    You cannot take a failed course again.

  • What happens if I fail two courses?

    If you accumulate a second failed course, you will be removed for academic reasons, a decision that will be sent to the Academic Council. Exceptional situations will be analyzed by the Academic Council, whose decision is irrevocable and does not exempt the student from fulfilling his/her pending administrative obligations.

About the virtual programs

  • Do the certificates mention that the course was completed in a virtual mode?

    No, the certificates don’t mention that the course was taken in a virtual mode.